The Spanish Residency (Residencia) is an essential piece of paperwork if you live in Spain. UK citizen after Britain's departure from the EU now need to apply for a TIE card, all our European clients we can help with Residents like normal. All expats need to become a resident by law to remain in Spain for more than 3 months. Usually, you should request this within 30 days of entering the country if you plan to stay more than 90 days. This is also the case if you intend on living in Spain for more than 183 days per year.
Benefits Of Being A Resident In Spain
Many choose to neglect this vital step when coming to live in Spain. It's always best to be on the safe side which comes with many benefits for you and your area. Below are some of the advantages and reasons why you need this piece of documentation.
- If you have residency you also get an NIE Number which means you can legally work and pay tax in Spain.
- You can buy or sell cars and request a Spanish Driving Licence which is mandatory now. Exchanging your current Driving Licence is another service we offer.
- Having this documentation means you can buy and sell your property.
- Being a legal resident means you will always have healthcare rights in Spain.
- The town hall and local authorities have a better idea of how many people are living in your area. This is useful for them to assign extra resources such as police and other services.
Our Spanish Residency Service
Torrevieja Translators can take most of the stress away from you and help you become a legal resident in Spain. We offer this service to those that live in the Alicante or Murcia areas. To get the ball rolling, all you need to do is follow the steps below.
- Register You will need to register on our website by signing up here and insert some basic information.
- Address You will need to insert your address, city, region and postal code. We also need to know your date of arrival in Spain and how long you plan to be a resident. For many this is permanent but not in all cases so we need to know this for your application.
- Your Info Next you insert important information such as nationality, date and place of birth. We also need to know the full names of both your parents. Another important step is adding your passport number and uploading a copy.
- Payment We ask for a €10 deposit to begin to process your application. We then arrange your appointment for you and complete all the necessary paperwork.
Once we have secured an appointment, the fee of €129 is payable in advance. There is an extra charge of €12 in cash on the day for the Government Tax. We pay the tax in advance for you as part of the application process to makes things easier.
If you miss your appointment we can not give you a refund and the application process must be started again.